Bird & Pollinator Native Wildflower Seed Mix -- Non-GMO, Non-GE, All Perennial, No Filler
This specially formulated mix of 13 native wildflowers is irresistible to songbirds, hummingbirds, bees, butterflies, and more. Designed to bloom Spring through Fall, these easy-to-grow perennials bring pollinators to your yard (so all of your gardens benefit!) and will self-propagate and spread profusely with each season. As urban sprawl and asphalt have replaced native prairies, pollinators are struggling to find food sources and this mix will give them that much-needed oasis filled with food and habitat.
The seeds in our Bird & Pollinator mix are grown in the Midwest and carefully chosen to provide optimum nutrition, nesting sites, and habitat to the wildlife native in your region. This is the seed mix chosen by municipalities and conservation groups for their own native prairie restoration projects.
This mix includes taller and more sturdy varieties for finches, juncos, chickadees, and other songbirds. We also chose old-fashioned flowers loved by gardeners – Purple Coneflower, Black-Eyed Susans, Wild Lupine, Wild Bergamot, and more – to create an exclusive mix perfect for gardeners looking to restore their little corner of the prairie. Meant for dormant planting in Fall or early Spring, these plants are best suited to colder northern regions and will grow a 500-square-foot garden that requires little maintenance.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
- Mixture naturally attracts butterflies, songbirds, hummingbirds, bees, and beneficial insects providing pollinators for surrounding areas.
- One ounce package contains approximately 25,000 seeds. Highest quality, premium natural prairie flower seeds grown in the Midwest, superior germination rates, no filler or inert matter.
- 100% perennial flowering plants.
- Grows a full 500 square foot garden that will naturally self-seed and propagate profusely.
- Seeds are tested by independent labs with a Pure Live Seed (PLS) test to measure the purity and viability of each seed lot.
- Mixes are specially formulated with native pollinator needs in mind! Designed to support healthy diets, nesting spots, and year-round habitat for butterflies, birds, bees and beneficial insects.
- Seed has not been treated with neonicotinoids or pesticides.
- Packaged for 2018 planting season and kept in a temperature/humidity controlled environment.
- Regionally specific plants designed for natural prairie flower restoration.
- Garden will bloom from Spring through Fall and provide habitat and interesting structure through winter. Most plants grow to 3 to 4 feet high. Great cutting garden!
- Strong, hardy plants also improve soil health and stability in erosion-prone areas.
- Includes free planting guide and full website support for questions.
Varieties included in the Bird & Butterfly Mix:
Columbine (Aquilegia canadensis)
Common Milkweed (Asclepias syriaca)
Butterfly Weed (Asclepias tuberosa)
Partridge Pea (Chamaecrista fasciculate)
Lance-leaved Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolate)
Purple Coneflower (Echinacea purpurea)
Sweet Joe-Pye Weed (Eutrochium purpureum)
False Sunflower (Heliopsis helianthoides)
Prairie Blazing Star (Liatris pycnostachya)
Wild Bergamot (Monarda fistulosa)
Black-Eyed Susan (Rudbeckia hirta)
Ohio Spiderwort (Tradescania ohioensis)
Ironweed (Vernonia fasciculate)
The Bird & Pollinator mix is for serious gardeners ready to invest in a permanent planting that restores native plants to your landscape and is guaranteed to bring beauty, color, and pollinators for years and years. This is a self-sustaining, generational ecosystem which only requires some work in the first couple of years. Your grandkids, neighbors, and local pollinators will thank you!
Recommended Planting Regions: (approx. USDA Zones 4b to 6a).
North Dakota, South Dakota, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, New York, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey